The following questions are to assist us in maintaining reasonable Health & Safety measures for our temporary workers and to inform our clients to assist with on going Risk Assessments relating to workers being able to carry out their duties safely.
*For further guidance on distinguishing "Spent" and "Unspent" criminal convictions, please refer to the guidance on the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. Certain types of employment and professions are exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and in details for all criminal convictions must be given. The information given will be treated in the strictest of confidence and only taken into account where, in the reasonable opinion of the client, the offence is relevant to the post to which you are applying. Failure to declare a conviction may require us to exclude you from our register or terminate an assignment if the offence is not declared but later comes to light. DBR Group also reserve the right to carry out an Internet search of all candidates that we may offer work to.
1. DBR Group believes that it is essential that all employees, workers and those who render services to the Company or at the Company’s premises or on behalf of the Company are in full command of themselves and of all of their faculties throughout the working day.
2. DBR Group requires you to present yourself for work on each occasion required under your contract in complete command of all your faculties i.e. without any dependence on alcohol or any other drugs of a non-medicinal nature and to maintain that state until the completion of your working hours under your contract. If during the course of your working day you have to take medicinal drugs on a regular basis, this fact should be known to your supervisor/manager confidentially.
3. In the event that you present yourself at work or during working hours you are in a condition where your direct supervisor/manager believes you to be under the influence of alcohol or drugs and you are not able to carry out your duties in a proper, fit and safe way you will not be allowed to commence work or continue work. Instead you will be suspended without pay and not allowed to return until such a time as you are in full control of your faculties.
4. DBR Group is obliged to investigate all the circumstances surrounding such behaviour prior to commencing the disciplinary procedure and this may, where necessary, include seeking medical advice as to your condition including requiring you to submit to a medical examination. DBR is obliged to investigate such matters in as much detail as possible and therefore expects you to comply with any requests that you submit to such examinations. You may appeal in accordance with the Company’s disciplinary procedure.
5. If the disciplinary procedure is evoked and you receive a disciplinary sanction short of dismissal or if you have a successful appeal DBR Group will recommend that you take advantage of counselling services to help control your problem and you will be required to act of any such recommendation. In the event that you need to be absent from work for a period of treatment for either alcohol or drug dependency a reasonable leave of absence will normally be granted to cover this on an unpaid basis.
6. If DBR Group suspects that you are in the possession of alcohol or drugs you will be required to consent to a search of your belongings. If you are found to be in possession of any alcohol or illegal substances you will be suspended from your duties pending further investigation. This matter will be dealt with under the Company’s disciplinary procedure and after due investigation it may result in dismissal for gross misconduct.
7. If DBR believes you are dealing, buying, selling or receiving drugs or alcohol you will suspended from your duties while an investigation is carried out. Where a criminal offence is suspected the Company shall inform the police.
8. All employees and workers are required to inform DBR or any appropriate person if they suspect any fellow worker may be acting in breach of this policy.
9. There may be circumstances where we would ask you to provide a test sample. This may be as part of an initiative to carry out random testing or otherwise. Any refusal to provide a test sample may lead to disciplinary action.
Agreement for Work Finding Services We are DBR Group at 119 Moorside Road, Swinton, Manchester, M27 0LB. (throughout “we”, “us”, “our” and “ours”) including, for the purposes of this agreement, our branch offices and our subsidiary or associated companies. Introduction: We generally operate as an Agency and Employment Business, as referred to in the Regulations, and we are in the business of providing recruitment services to Clients looking for workers, and work finding services to candidates seeking work. You are seeking work, have provided us with your personal details to be registered on our database of candidates, and have asked us to locate work for you. We are prepared to seek work for you on the basis set out in these terms, and you wish to accept our services. Terms Our obligations to you:
1. Whilst your details are registered on our database (a) We may from time to time and at our sole discretion search for work opportunities for you, usually within the Work Types, and if we consider any opportunity may be suitable we may inform you of any terms proposed (b) We may, where appropriate in each case, arrange an interview for you to meet a Client and assist in concluding any negotiations but we offer no guarantee that an opportunity we inform you of will be capable of being progressed.
2. If you do not wish us to provide your information to any particular potential hirer it is important that you inform us in writing, providing us with sufficient detail so that we can recognise all of the persons or organisations you wish to exclude, and we cannot accept any liability if we provide your information to any potential hirer other than one you have specifically excluded.
3. In respect of temporary work we have arrangements with external employment management and payroll services providers (PSP) to whom you may, at our absolute discretion, be introduced when it is appropriate to do so. We subcontract the work services we supply to our Clients to a PSP which it fulfils using its representatives. Where we locate temporary work which may be suitable for you, we may make arrangements for you to contract with a PSP to become a representative of the PSP for the supply of your services to us, as their client, for the duration of an assignment.
4. You acknowledge that if you do decide to contract with the PSP, terms relating to any temporary work assignment, including matters such as rates and intervals of pay, entitlement to any annual leave, and any notice periods will be subject to that Agreement.
5. Regardless of the contents of the contract provided to you by the PSP, DBR Group Limited contract with the PSP on a discretionary basis to ensure that all temporary workers (excluding drivers and self-employed contractors) supplied to us for assignments receive entitlement for up to 28 days leave in each holiday year (accrued at the rate of 12.07% of each basic hour worked on assignment) which can be used during the term of any assignment worked on behalf of DBR Group Ltd.
6. The holiday year runs from 1st January to 31st December each year. Accrued entitlement MUST be used within the holiday year, cannot be carried over and cannot be paid in lieu of the leave being taken.
7. You acknowledge that this agreement between you and us is for work finding services only and you are not our employee nor are you engaged directly by us for any purpose. Your agreement 6. In consideration of registration of your details on our database, whilst you are so registered, you agree (a) To provide us with a full and accurate curriculum vitae if you have not already done so, and, if we request it, proper evidence of your entitlement to work in the United Kingdom and any qualifications or certificates that are referred to in your curriculum vitae or otherwise disclosed by you (b) To provide us with any information we reasonably request and any information relevant to the decision of a Client to engage you including information that may result in the
Your browser does not support e-Signature field.
© 2021 DBR Group.
© 2020 DBR Group. All Rights Reserved,