Working for this leading industrial products supplier. The company are seeking an experienced Buyer to work within the growing Purchasing team.
Your day to day tasks will include:
- Develop and maintain appropriate relationships with approved and potential suppliers to ensure competitive pricing, payment terms and quality products for the group.
- Benchmarking, negotiating prices, service delivery and ensuring added value.
- Hold supplier reviews and supplier performance measurements
- Visit suppliers and carry out suitable appraisals and reviews
- Looking after contract tendering on brand items
- Looking after price and discount negotiations with suppliers
- Ensure price increases and changes are accounted for
- Analysis of supplier sales and product volumes by member to monitor trends and take action
- Source new products and suppliers from both inside and outside the UK as required.
- Attend and proactively participate in Committee and General Meetings, which may be off site and could require overnight attendance.
- Log and monitor commodity indices on a weekly basis, sourcing additional indices as necessary
- Liaise with the head of the Purchasing Committee to ensure the wishes of the committee are being carried out.
- Prepare and distribute correspondence when requested, from Directors to members and suppliers.
- Complete a weekly activity report for the Procurement Manager.
To apply you must have:
- Strong procurement/Buying knowledge and experience in working across various functions, businesses and regions
- Practical knowledge of procurement processes, policies and procedures
- End to end sourcing experience
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Must be advanced in MS Excel including v-look ups, pivot tables and formulas. Candidates without this knowledge will not be considered
- Ideally you will have dealt with suppliers worldwide
- Excellent attention to detail
- Candidates from an industrial product supplier background would be ideal
This is a fantastic opportunity to work for a fun and growing team with scope for progression and an immediate interview.