The company provide the complete range of transport and distribution services including overnight pallet delivery and collection services using the UPN system.
The Transport coordinator is responsible for the upkeep of records relating to the movement of goods or services on behalf of the clients.
The Transport coordinator will be a point of contact for clients, drivers and managements.
Coordinator is expected to answer all telephone calls in a professional manner following the company’s protocol.
This role requires numeracy and experience of managing paper flow.
- Responsible for the routing of UPN delivery vehicles in the BS postcode
- Responsible for delivery paperwork
- De brief of previous days UPN paperwork for inputting on system each day
- Ensure that Warehouse personnel provide daily scan report in the warehouse
- Manage any de briefs of any drivers returning to depot when required
- Monitor daily UPN exception reports and update accordingly
- Ensure warehouse “pick” orders are processed on the UPN system and produce labels for goods
- Ensure drivers of vehicles for service and/or maintenance are informed of the time/date of bookings made
- Assist in planning of dedicated transport when required
- Attend Daily Operations Review (D.O. R.) when required
- Complete Return to Work Interviews
- Ensure fuel levels are regularly monitored and fuel ordered as necessary
- Experience of working in a logistics environment, planning vehicle deliveries
- Understanding of transport legislation regarding vehicle weight limits and Drivers hours
- Computer literate with the ability to learn new systems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Highly organized with the ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
- Capable of working unsupervised in a fast paced environment
- Ability to multi task and prioritize own workload
- Excellent customer service skills, enabling good customer relations
- Trustworthy individual in charge of monies